Preparing the Offer
When you view a home on the market that you really want, you can hardly wait to be handed the keys. My job, as your real estate agent, is to ensure you get that home – and at a price that works for you.
The first step is preparing the Offer. This is the contract I present to the seller that basically states the price you are offering, as well as any conditions.
The price we initially present is critical. You want it to reflect the true market value of the property so the seller will take your offer seriously.
How the Process Works
When you decide to make an offer on a home, here’s what typically happens:
- I’ll will do a comprehensive market analysis in order to come up with a price that has the best chance of being accepted by the seller.
- Obviously, sellers prefer offers that have no conditions. However, I may suggest a condition, such as passing a professional home inspection, be included for your protection. We’ll talk about that.
- I’ll prepare the necessary documents, have you sign them, and present your offer to the seller and his or her real estate agent personally.
- If the offer isn’t accepted, or if the seller makes a counter-offer, I’ll work with the seller’s agent, skillfully negotiating on your behalf to make a deal.
- I’ll communicate with you throughout the entire process. You’re never in the dark when you work with me.
- Once the seller agrees to a deal, I’ll help lead you through removal of any conditions and closing the deal. Then, the home is yours.
I realize that making an offer can seem like the nail-biting part of the process. It doesn’t have to be. That’s the advantage of selecting a real estate agent who, like me, puts clients first. When you go after a property you really want, you can take comfort in knowing you have an expert on your side… someone who knows how to get that home for you.
Have questions about making an offer? Please submit the form below or call or email me.